In this installment of D7 Throwback, we take a look at a profile piece published all the way back in July 1999 featuring the soon-to-be retired Mark Hall from Traffic Ops.
Check it out!
Fast-forward to 2018 – nearly two decades of District Seven Traffic Operations service later – and Mark Hall will officially be saying goodbye and retiring from FDOT in May. His fellow co-workers in Traffic Ops were kind enough to put together a list of some of Mark’s most famous phrases and one-liners. We thank Mark for his 30-plus years of public service and wish him the best in his much-deserved retirement.
Mark Hall’s Greatest Hits
- “Why am I here?”
- “Pretend like I’m not here and tell me what you would do.”
- “There’s more than one way to get to Brandon.”
- “I don’t care how you get there, just get there.”
- “If I ask you more than once, I already know the answer.”
- “You can either do it my way or the wrong way.”
- “What part of NO don’t you understand?”
- “If you are not playing to win, what’s the point?”
- “You may not be the best, but you’re in the top 3.”
- “Lucy you got some splanin’ to do.”
- “I’m not going to say a word, you go ahead and explain.”
- “I don’t remember, I’ve slept since then.”
- “In my humble, but correct opinion…”